How dangerous is an asteroid?
It is estimated that meteorites with a diameter of more than 400m can harm the Earth. And the asteroid most likely to collide with Earth currently is Bennu. This asteroid has a 1/2700 chance of hitting Earth on September 21, 2135.
According to NASA, this asteroid is about 535m in diameter and weighs more than 79 million tons (much smaller than Chicxulub at 12km in size) and will kill billions of people, wiping out most of life on Earth if it hits. touch.
How many ways are there to prevent this disaster from happening?
Smashing asteroids is no different from suicide.
- Changing the orbit of meteorites with gravity ships: Both gravity ships and meteorites have gravity. So if we realize that a meteorite has the potential to collide with Earth, we will launch a spacecraft close to the meteorite, orbiting it for a long time to change the direction of the meteorite.
- Sun Mirrors: Launching giant mirrors into space and strategically placed to focus sunlight on part of the meteorite causing it to evaporate and create a force that affects the orbit of the sun. meteorite.
- A Dog’s Heartbreaking Farewell: A Tearful Goodbye to His Beloved Owner
- Tһe Mɑᥒ ɡɑᴠe Bɑby EƖeρһɑᥒt CPR tᴏ ѕɑᴠe itѕ Ɩife ɑfter ɑ MᴏtᴏrᴄyᴄƖe Aᴄᴄideᥒt
- Recording Of a Jailed Alien Being Inside a Secret Base in Brazil
- A Mother’s Journey: From Despair to Hope – The Heartwarming Story of an Elephant and her Calf
- Nobel Prize in Physics goes to scientists paving the way for quantum computing